RED


In Amsterdam, there is a restaurant called Red and from what I have heard, it is pretty good and based upon a unique concept linked to the color red: they only serve red food and specialize in tournedos and lobster. Not bad for a choice.

The dessert I am "making" - so simple it hardly involves any making actually - could unpretentiously fit their menu, at least as far as the color prerequisite is concerned. The original recipe does specify that this is NOT a dessert, a statement Magritte would have fully approved of given the actual ingredients. 

I decided to turn it into an actual dessert, to bring it back to its origins and this is how I am going to serve it, nice and chilled to freshen up our evening: diced tomatoes and strawberries, a bit of extra virgin olive oil (basil infused if you do not mind, like me, the tweak), torn basil leaves, sugar and balsamic vinegar, the good stuff, sticky and voluptously dark. Spoon the rubies into transparent glasses, the French word for them is "verrines" and does cover the contents too, and serve with a happy smile to your even happier guests.

Some day, I may even try the green version here, and until then, I need to look for the restaurant with the matching name!

Credits: TheDaydreamerDiary


0 commentaires:

Post a Comment

Let me hear about your daydreams!

 

What's in the archive?