With my own hands (back to basics) -part I



Years ago, I had the chance of having a great boss at work. That was years ago - yes, it is valuable  and unique enough to be repeated - and I can still remember it. She's the one who introduced me to the hobby of making my own jewelry - very simple, mind you, but still, to this day I totally enjoy choosing beads, colors, models and hunting for special beads shops. Even on the Internet.

While watching a program on Arte, I noticed the wooden bracelet worn by the anchorwoman: simply dark and sparkled by golden disks, a hint of ethnic touch. The kind of chunky piece that makes a statement, all the more if worn with a classic jacket. The anchorwoman was also wearing a bulky ring that further underlined the edgy look - a total success in my book.

So here I am looking for the beads and disks and, once again, here comes Etsy and a great choice of beads matching exactly what I had in mind to mimic the style I had seen and even more.

In the end, inspired by my finds, I chose two types of wooden beads and will be making two pieces...the first one is on its way, but first things first, I give you the beautiful beads and Tibean inspired coins and their sources since you may be tempted to have a look, pick your own style and get creative!

MichouBeads for the Tibetan style coins
AnnyMay Craft Supplies for the wooden beads


To be continued...

Photo: TheDaydreamerDiary



0 commentaires:

Post a Comment

Let me hear about your daydreams!

 

What's in the archive?