Let's fly away


"Let's fly down to Peru", as the great Frank would sing in his velvety voice! Well, right now, I feel more under a different influence, far from Peru, I am afraid; but still, I would like to "fly away" and based on the inspirational pages of India Hick's decoration book, I would love to change the way our apartment is dressed - a bit like they are used to doing in the US, you know? Home decoration changes with the seasons, with seasonal candle colors, fragrances, cushions, vases, flowers... The ideal destination would be the Caribbean islands, nothing less, nothing more. I am sure Frank would not mind and my collection of shells coming from almost all the beaches I have set foot on would not mind either. Back to the the roots, as it were. The sea has always been my favorite inspiration and environment, especially the warm seas, so this craving of mine is just as natural as it could be. No lunar influence here. 

Some could argue: "What are you doing living by the North Sea then?". Well, that was the opportunity that was given to me, and I certainly was not going to turn it down! A walk by the sea is always an enriching experience, north, south, east, west - whatever! So I'll take the North Sea too.

But, in my daydreaming moments, I head south, right where the sun and the soothing shades are. The latest source of inspiration is this book:





The soft colors, natural materials - wood is predominant - and delicate fabrics are all brought to the forefront with the help of the geometrical shapes of the picture frames (mostly black for some terrific optical effect, but also in natural wood colors for a subtler result) and carefully chosen objects scattered here and there by an innocent hand (as if!). The key to this serene and harmonious interior is the apparent lack of sophistication and the presence of items that belong to the surrounding land, its culture and the experiences it offered its inhabitants. 

Daydreaming is often just around the corner...


Happy week-end everyone and happy decorative moments!


2 commentaires:

  1. you have a really neat and creative blog. i hope you keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear about your daydreams!

 

What's in the archive?