Casual


While chit chatting with a friend, it turned out that we had different dress codes during the week: she dresses casually during the working week and likes to "make an effort" during the week-end. 

For me, the dessing closet works the other way around: I need to plan the evening before what I will wear to the office, and some items are obviously off-limits for week/office life. It is with overt nostalgia that I look back at the 8 years of freelancing when I could also pick up my favorite sweater from the closet, knowing full well that there was no specific code to follow except my own comfort and concentration. This was until I entered the corporate world (aka slavery), a big shock in many ways (ok, and a big improvement in many others).

Preparing the evening before what you will be wearing when passing the office front door is not a must, unless you already know that in the morning you will be moving around with eyes and brain shut - in total darkness and with sleep still holding you tight. There is no way I could pick up a pair of trousers and proper (matching) socks at 7am. The advantage of this evening tour de force is also the time gain in the morning, when every minute counts and I hop around the house, quite frantically and in a robot-like succession of very calculated moves.

The week-end defines itself as the long hoped for opportunity for taking things down a notch, without any tedious planning. A space for inspiration, last-minute decisions and for just taking off the hanger whatever you feel like putting on...

With nothing else in mind but a lovely bike ride around town and a fragrant cup of afternoon tea or cappuccino, I went all blue:

Navy turtleneck: Wolford
Jeans: Levi's 
Scarf: Jackpot
Necklace: Byzance (The Christmas present I received from my parents! Anatolian hand-made necklace.)

Colors are also important, not because the color match needs by some supreme law to be an acceptable one, but rather because I have my less strict colors, the comfort hues that instantly diffuse warmth; as you may then have guessed, blue is no innocent choice here as for ages it has been my favorite color, a friendly reminder of the sea world. A cliché? Maybe so. I endorse it fully. If you take a look at the opening picture of this post, the colors there are also a fantastic casual choice: they are earthy, reassuring shades that I like to think underline the mellow character of the lady who is wearing them (credits: Garance Doré).

Raincoat: Philippa K
Gloves: Les Copains

And speaking of color matches, blue and brown or blue and black have become safe choices for me. Just a touch of vibrant tomato red will then brighten up this subdued chromatic world, add a bit of much needed height...and I am ready to pedal happily down the street!


2 commentaires:

  1. I am wondering who you've had this conversation with...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, wondering too... Now when wpeak, watch out, you are taped. hi hi hi

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear about your daydreams!

 

What's in the archive?