Mr. YES



Thanks to our beloved daughter, we are currently swimming in a (deep) sea of "No". It is "No" pretty much for everything, whether she understands what we are talking about or not, it is just "No". She must have figured out this is the safest answer in many life situations.

In the middle of all this baby negativity cloud, Mr. Yes was delivered to us last week, after a frenzied week of spring cleaning (under buckets of water and November temperatures, but with a bit of imagination, spring was here) that had me sell quite quickly my freelance time office furniture.

As my mother put it, our bedroom looks now more grown-up. And I believe her; difficult not to do so given the previous bland, IKEA style of the old (and beloved, mind you) furniture.

Let's go back to Mr. Yes. Who is he? Where does he come from?

Amazingly enough, the Mister is a chair. 
Yes. 
Mr. Yes, is a chair. 

And quite a surprising one, not only given its sleek lines, outer shiny surface and inner rough texture, but also because I found him online, in a store that offers a beautiful range of furniture, essentially modern. Buying furniture online without having first seen it in a furniture store or having tested it is kind of a first for me and could well reveal the unstable mind of a currently pregnant woman (who drops pretty much everything she holds in her hands right now: glasses, CDs, shoes, keys...). 

Well, you know what? It worked out just fine (sigh of relief)! You should have seen my worried face while unpacking the parcel with just a few questions hitting me: what about the size (even though I had obviously checked it over and over again), the color, the comfort... Should I have picked Dr. No instead (I am NOT kidding)?!

All doubts and fears were gone in a dash: not only Mr. Yes has incredibly found its spot in the House of No, he also looks pretty damn gorgeous in there!

So do I like the final result?

YES!

Credits: TheDaydreamerDiary

2 commentaires:

  1. What a wonderful work area! I love white spaces and clean lines... Mr. Yes works very well there. You're extremely brave to have ordered it online. I ended up browsing the store (and pinning a canapé!), you're right about all the beautiful things. Merci for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment, Catherine. Somewhat, I cannot think properly in a cluttered space, hence the need for few colors and simple lines. Not to mention that the computer area finds itself in one of the corners of our room, so it needs to be in line with the rest, if possible...
    I wonder where you write your books now! Do you plan on showing us your own creative corner?

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear about your daydreams!

 

What's in the archive?