i


If you think back in time, really hard if you are getting seriously over the hill (hum), you will remember V. As in "The Visitors". Already back then, a single letter would contain a whole world, a series of characters and adventures everyone knew and would more or less happily relate to. i, for one, did not relate at all to this cruel invasion that ended up in the horrifying scene of a human mother giving birth to a lizard. Wow. 

Today, i give you another all-engulfing letter that unleashes passionate debates, love raptures and puzzled looks while leaving aside the gore touch: i


For the record, i am not on the payroll. 

But I am definitely among the ones that have fallen in love. To the point that for this post, i will give away grammatical correctness and drop the "I" to honor the "i" of the Apple world. Yes, i like their world that bad. Let's turn this around actually and say that i like using their products in my world, they are fitting perfectly to a very intuitive usage - no fuss, no stress. One touch and everything boots, one touch and you get the info you wanted. Visitors invaded the earth, the i products are invading my space and they are most welcome, up to the last one of the series, brilliantly offered to me by hubby for my B-day:



For someone who is totally insensitive to gatgets of all kinds, this is a revolutionary step; and for someone who has had the same little chunky black and white screen phone for the past 6 years (yeah, and the same provider contract too, just imagine how on top of things i can be...) this is a new era.

So, i am learning and have dutifully printed out the 180 something pages of the user's guide. Dutifully, but also foolishly because from the moment i switched this black beauty on, i found my way around so easily i could not believe my i-fascinated eyes.


To celebrate one of the zillion functions of this phone, i started taking pictures while going around town - easy peasy. You have to understand me, I come from a prehistoric phone that served its purpose beautifully: making calls and receiving calls. Having the opportunity of taking pics here and there without carrying - as I have done up to now - the phone AND the camera is something new that I may start appreciating. Obviously, I do not expect fantastic pics to come out of a phone, that is not the point in any way. But it is handy and it is the first function I started using given that I cannot call yet due to contract reasons (boring, boring, boring details I will spare you).

The pics are all posted here. i hope you enjoy my first iPhone steps (not yet modified in iPhoto, but that should come soon enough!).



0 commentaires:

Post a Comment

Let me hear about your daydreams!

 

What's in the archive?