Nose friendly

Pregnancy can make a woman's nose pretty touchy. Does the statement surprise you? Well, it did surprise me too when my favorite perfumes, body products or cosmetics started turning my stomach upside down. Luckily some fragrances conversely lifted me up and suited my new wonder-nose moods. Incredible, the things one has to deal with, right?

While the smells of the outside world definitely cannot be monitored or suppressed - it is obviously the "bad" smells that are the most problematic of all - once I gain my homey retreat, I am more than happy to notice that I can create a pleasant aura that will not make me sick to my stomach and, honestly, I am deeply grateful for that. And deeply grateful too for not having to submit myself to a forced smile while enhaling the unbearable wafts of greasy frozen pizza (lots of onion and garlic) in the microwave or the strong aftershave of my colleague next door. Life's tough sometimes, I know.

Back to cosmetics and wellness products though. Brave friends from London recently offered me a duet of products I carefully opened. I say "carefully" because the definition of what is now a "bad" smell is highly changing and unpredictable, even for me. Actually, there is no definition at all: it is an everyday discovery.

To my greatest pleasure and suprise, I found out that the two Molton Brown (MB for the intimate few) products were not only beautiful to look at with their very trendy zen shapes and colors, but also delicately perfumed, so much so that my whisical nose rejoyced! And I rejoyced too, since this meant I could actually use the bath foam and body lotion at a time when there is actually not much I can use. A quick tour on the MB Internet site led me through their nice selection of products, apparently quite popular in the UK, but barely known in France.

I simply slipped both products in my maternity suitcase that is slowly getting ready for the BIG day. Why did I do that? Well, simply because the nurses say that it is nice to have pleasant products at the ready after giving birth - and I am ready to believe them.

Credits: TheDaydreamerDiary

1 commentaires:

  1. MB a un succès fou en Angleterre et mes amis m'offrent souvent ces produits en cadeaux. Ils sont très agréables et le packaging est joliment fait, c'est vrai. J'ai découvert cette marque à Londres, existe-t-elle en France ? gros bisous. M.

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear about your daydreams!

 

What's in the archive?