Summer Series #2: Sea Baubles


With makeshift goggles on, I put my head under water and the sounds of the world are shut out, immediately. Bubbles pervade my ears and mind instead. My body needs to get used to the new water element and its silky and salty touch before I start swimming in search of new treasures in the sea – the seagulls have told me that this is a very good spot for great and valuable finds of the present and of the past.

The first parrotfish I encounter gives a polite smile and swims elegantly on, carrying away in its wake its vibrant and chaning colors; then I meet a whole family and the kids are immediately more playful and ask me what I am looking for. Ah! I am looking for the little treasures, the sunny kind of treasures that sparkle and add color… One of the youngest in the school then tells me to turn right at the next rock and not to be afraid to swim through the magic algae and caressing kelps. I follow his advice and delicately remove with my hands a couple of vegetable strands only to discover, secretly tucked away, a new type of coral: the coral cuff in the most fashionable color! Right next to it, a pair of earrings that combine textures of solid color and aqua reflections of transparent stones… What’s next in this treasure chest this season? “Look for the sailor’s symbol” says the starfish that skillfully reads my mind. Let’s swim on, say hello to the clown fish next door and stop by the bracelet left behind by the sailor: the anchor bracelet in navy blue – what else? This is when I realize that the clown fish has followed me, only to give me the next hint: further on, closer to the Pirates’ Cove, I will find the ring of one of these fierce characters. Sure enough, as I reach the entrance of the cove, a light green stone set in tarnished gold, winks at me. It’s been here for ages, surely, but has lost none of its charm. Each precious piece found in the marine world adds a touch of originality and mysterious sparkle to our earthy ways... Should we bring them up to the surface or rather wear our sparkling mermaid dress forever?

Credits: TheDaydreamerDiary

0 commentaires:

Post a Comment

Let me hear about your daydreams!

 

What's in the archive?