The miracle (not of love)

Annie Lenox always appeared with an impeccable and sophisticated make-up enhanced by the magic of the media - just think about her red lips and huge eyelined eyes! There was nothing in there linked to the miracle of love she so often sang, but the result was definitely astonishing.

The miracle I would like to share with you without any further ado is much smaller and in reverse: no flashes, no marketing, no songs. Available at your local drugstore, it comes in different sizes, with no frills and no colors and the smallest ever possible landed in my bathroom, courtesy of my miraculous mother. I give you the Vitry nail repair treatment:


Before going any further I should point out that I am not the kind of person who believes that whatever is sold at the drugstore is better than what is sold in make-up stores. I do believe that some brands use this pattern to gain credibility against the purely cosmetic industry, but that in the end miracles only happen in the eyes of those who want to believe in them... At least until they get tired and need a new product to fuel them.

What the Vitry treatment does, in a very low-key fashion, is restore chipped, weak nails that break every time you type a word on your keyboard. Apparently some keyboards could be more nail-friendly than others, but I have not tested and cannot tell you anything about this new brilliant idea (or lie).

In the meantime, I will most certainly keep trusting the Vitry miracle: in two week's time, my nails have totally changed. Weakened by a series of stressful events in the last few months, by irregular food habits and biting nail laquers, they are now growing back fast and strong (no, not furious). I have to admit that I was totally bluffed by the result, so much so that I can definitely speak of a miracle here.

Credits: WeHeartIt

0 commentaires:

Post a Comment

Let me hear about your daydreams!

 

What's in the archive?