Wait...


Patience is a great gift, perfectly suited in our society that would like us to believe it goes fast, faster and faster than fast. How many times have you heard someone tell you: "This is peanuts, it takes two seconds and it is done". Right. Like those who told you right before the exams that they had not studied a word and then they get straight As. Right. To do things fast, it takes patience. Yes, because the faster you want to go, the greater chances you have of messing it all up, overseeing details that will turn out to be capital.

It so happens that for future home decoration tricks around here, I need to resort to the blessed patience in me. Well, I have never had much, to be honest, so this is going to be something of a test for my hurried person. In our pantry (and possibly in yours) you will find a few cans (what's patience got to do with it? Be patient, reader) of scrumptious products: coconut milk, coconut cream, chestnut cream and even a new entry, the über famous Dutch Appelstroop. The contents of the cans all have a defined purpose of course - even the Appelstroop that was promptly promoted in our kitchen by the clever pieces of advice of a friend. This means that sooner or later, those cans will be empty. Instead of crying over their echoeing bellies, I will rejoyce because I have a little something in mind, poetically inspired by this find:


You want nothing but the truth? The cans in the picture would not have been my first choice, but that is not the point. With recycling being all over the decorative pages - and rigthfully so - these lamps just fit perfectly into the trend and brightly show that I do have the basic material in the house, a material I always enjoy having a look at (while scooping out its gorgeous contents). My future "creations" will be very modest ones and will involve no voltage - too ambitious for someone as clumsy as me - but beautiful, unpretentious flowers (they are out, along the roads, ready to be picked!). The cans I have elected to a post-greedy life are the following:




Why?

Because I like the retro look so much, their colors and the fact that texts and images are printed on them, which makes recycling easier, as well as filling them with water and throwing in a bit of grass and a couple of yellow or white flowers. If like me you are already wondering what the final result will be (oh lord), bear in mind that...you will need to wait until they are empty.

Patience, my friends, patience...


0 commentaires:

Post a Comment

Let me hear about your daydreams!

 

What's in the archive?