Prying eyes

Curiosity killed the cat, they say, but I find curiostity entertaining and necessary, even for trivial things, which is often what this whole blog is about. While watching "How to lose a guy in ten days" (sic), I noticed the scene where the three guys (do NOT ask for names, I beg you) all stare in awe at the girlfriend's bag she purposefully left behind. Her bag sits on the desk like a nameless and untouchable extraterrestrial creature while the three guys eat it with their eyes. Suddenly, a truth is spoken: one is not supposed to rummage through a woman's bag. That is a fact. I could not agree more (well, espcially if the truth is told by drop dead gorgeous Matthew McConaughey - I have not forgotten his name). It is highly inappropriate, or so mom and dad have taught me anyway. 

Why is that? Well, I already explained here that, at least to me, a bag is like a little intimate me going around the world on any given day. Think miniature universe. Now, I would not mind having a girl going through my bagged stuff, but a guy...mmmmmmm. It would be revealing way too much. Despite all of the above, I will make a daring move and show you what I carry around day in, day out. I made the decision in a womanly response to a newspaper article that presented the contents of bags belonging to famous...men. First of all, it was quite surprising to see that some men do own bags - and beautiful ones at that - and that they do not necessarily carry only practical items, thus shattering a myth. They also like to have their favorite perfume, poems, pens, music, dried flower and whatnot right there. Well done, guys!

Here is therefore my contribution, and nothing says it better than a picture  -well, make it a couple of pics - as always:




Bag mysterious (no more) contents:

-Bag: Furla
Totally in love with their bags because of the colors, shapes and the value for money.

-Agenda: Moleskine
Small agenda with great quality pages, a handy back pocket to put all your post its, business cards and other bits you gather along the way.

-Make up purse: Hema
Thank you company gift card!

-Make up: Helena Rubinstein lip balm, L'Occitane hand cream, Estée Lauder lipstick
These live permanently in any bag, any day, just in case...

-Gloves: bought on the island of Texel
In a small shop with piles of wollen goods made by courtesy of the famous Texel sheep. Thank you guys, your wool rocks.

-Wallet: Gucci
A great present, with an unusual color that I just love, love, love.

-Fountain pen: Mont Blanc
Another great present. It reminds me of the days when I took notes in school, always with a fountain pen and once I found one that worked well with me (I am left handed), I would not leave it aside one minute.

-Phone: (prehistoric) Samsung
This one too is a present, now old and battered but it never, ever left me down and it was my second mobile phone (I was against the gadget to start with, playing the anti social-you-cannot-reach-me woman).

-Camera: hubby's Coolpix, Nikon.
A present from his parents for his 30th birthday. You never know what you may run into when going to work, coming back from a restaurant or strolling the streets... Better have a camera stashed away so there will be no regrets about missed photogenic moments.




Curiosity satisfied - now, your turn!


0 commentaires:

Post a Comment

Let me hear about your daydreams!

 

What's in the archive?