The Night Ride {Look Around}

Riding a bicycle


I can do it, I tell myself while balancing the bicycle and pushing the pedal to get started. 

My youngest daughter is in awe while we ride through the park, the only lights bringing us back to metal-drawn civilization are those of the passing cars. They are fewer and fewer. I am grateful for that as nature's whispers pervade the night and sooth my thoughts.

The only light left on the road in the end is the flickering and doubtful one of the bike itself, pulsing based on how I pedal and the uncertainty of it all. Will I make it to the top of the hill? 

The only sound is my breathing, my little one at the back has fallen silent. I secretely wish we encountered a wild animal, a deer maybe, a hare... Nothing crosses our path; there is only the presence of my effort surrounded by nature, welcoming and as far away from the sorrow and grieving that have inhabited my soul this past year, 2015

Time to pedal forward, even into the night - but forward! 

I'd love to know: where do you find the energy to keep going, keep pedaling and bringing positivity every inch of your way

Credits: Snappa (edited by TheDaydreamer)




0 commentaires:

Post a Comment

Let me hear about your daydreams!

 

What's in the archive?