Goede tijden...



The morning breakfast has always been my very special passion. Starting the day surrounded by pleasant smells, colors, textures and tastes paves the way for a smiling day ahead and given nowadays crazy lifestyle and working hours, this is bottom line. For nutritional reasons when I was a teenager I had to learn this the hard way and had to cope with omelette, tuna salad and even cold meat at 7am. Well, it was that or I would be fainting in class around 10am with zero levels of sugar and energy. Blessed time... The first impact with the breakfast lunch was tough: the tastebuds and stomach were complaining strongly against this tour de force - everything seemed too much and such a labor of love to wolf it down. Patience though works wonders and now, there is no way I am stepping out of the apartment in the morning without having first indulged in a full-fledged breakfast that starts with salty dishes and ends with sugar treats. Part of the sugar feast that I particularly relish is cereals of the plainest kind, no interference is allowed, with soy milk (and I won't discuss here whether soy is going to kill me or not...) and...fruit! I particularly love the fruity bit: it adds freshness, juiciness and color - try with raspberries or red currants and the rainbow is in your plate! A few slices of banana look pale and blank, but they add texture and voluptuousness too and the combination works wonders with a few grapes that pop into your mouth as you bite into them... This is definitely one of the favorite moments of my morning routine, definitely "Goede Tijden"!

0 commentaires:

Post a Comment

Let me hear about your daydreams!

 

What's in the archive?