Skyline hopping

The other day I was listening to a live album of my teenage year favorites, A-AH. Among the many sugary, easy listening titles, Manhattan Skyline stands out, a song that has never been my favorite because of the powerful music that slashes through the softer parts of the lyrics and the theme. A bit too agressive at times for my ears, the voice of the singer seems to follow the ups and downs of the Manhattan skyline, nothing more, nothing less... I was thinking about this song too when taking the picture that is now the new banner of this blog.

The picture was taken on a late summer evening from the 18th floor of the building that houses the apartment of my parents in law. The skyline is that of modern buildings of the 14th district of the French capital, but it was the combination of gold light and harsh, black lines that made me daydream... Essentially, I am more drawn to softer outlines and patterns, to the slope of a dune or the soft blue waves of the shimmering sea surface - but every moment carries its spark of magic!

This banner will accompany us for a while here.



0 commentaires:

Post a Comment

Let me hear about your daydreams!

 

What's in the archive?