Top Blogs : Me & Orla {Geeky}


Top Blog : Me and Orla


The list of top blogs in my notebook is growing exponentially and I am starting to believe that a lifetime won’t be enough to feature them all. This is just fine, I'll have to come back in my next life and enjoy the remaining bits. 

Let's talk of the present with the next blog up on the Top Blogs series. I want to introduce you to a delicate, accurate space superbly curated by witty Sara Tasker: Me & Orla. Yes, you have read her name around here before. Yes, I admire her photographs, her written words and the universe she has created around her blog and family life. Yes, I am an admirer. 

When I think about comfort, I think about Me & Orla. Let’s take the thought further: the comfort the blog provides is a thought-provoking one - laziness and passivity are not on the agenda. From Instagram professional tips thourgh her mentoring program to thoughtful conversations with her daughter Orla and rich and fragrant recipes, her soulful words wrap me up in a cosy blanket and spur us to look at every detail, every little ray of sunlight and flower blown away under the English skies. 

The blog look and feel reflects the mindfulness she writes about: the page is sober, the colors are subdued and lively reminders of the surrounding nature and the necessity to focus on the essential elements in life.

There’s a lot to learn through Sara’s words, and learning is essential to living a fulfilling life and passing gems of knowledge and experience on to the next generations. Me and Orla also fosters that feeling of community that I cherish so much - I even decided to make it my word of the year 2016; reading her prose has helped me discover other blogs, Instagram accounts of rare beauty and books (yes, books!) among others. Every time I head for her blog, a new world opens its doors to me and a lovely woman hushes me in… Every blog post is a short story - and I secretly hope Sara will publish a collection of them one day. The blog is a balanced novel infused with practical topics (slow life, minimalism, comfort food…) and dreamy thoughts.

Happy reading in Sara Tasker’s company, dear friends. Oh, and before I leave you, be sure to grab a pencil and a notebook to write down all the lovely bits and pieces that will grab your imagination and heart.

This is a (very short) list of some of my favorite posts on her blog - and my reactions to them:

This is something I have been trying to implement quite fiercely ever since the birth of my two daughters. I can only relate to Sara’s words and feelings towards the safe haven of a quiet and exciting Christmas morning that needs to be preserved.

Chocolate and nature together? Pure bliss if you ask me. The way Sara has used leaves as stencils is a delight, just as the conscious food choices she makes. Have you ever heard of Rainforest Alliance

Do the walls of your apartment or house speak at night? Do you believe in houses having a life of their own. I do. 


I have mentioned this blog post before. It encouraged me to read H is for Hawk - a life-changing read for me at this specific moment in my life, when I am recovering from my father’s loss. Somewhat this book helped be able to voice my discomfort and write down the words.

0 commentaires:

Post a Comment

Let me hear about your daydreams!

 

What's in the archive?