Blog Community: Getting to know you {Geeky}

Disqus


The latest show I attended was The King and I (my Twitter followers have read all about my glittery reactions regarding the entertaining show at the théâtre du Chatelet) where not only did I enjoy myself with childlike ingenuity and happiness, but also where it stuck to me that getting to know people is a real adventure, a trip full of bumps but also delectable discoveries. What's more, getting to know others is possibly the best way to know oneself.

The famous "Getting to know you" line and its supporting (and addictive) music made me think of the blogging e-course I just attended: during the lessons I had the pleasure of meeting other bloggers from different paths of life, with different specialties, dreams, ambitions and talents. I would say  with no hesitation diversity at its best.

Among the numerous topics of the course (writing from the heart, establishing your image, writing travel/fashion posts "etcetera, etcetera, etcetera" as the king would say) a few ideas hit me with the kind of wake-up call suddenness that I need exit my beloved and dangerously seductive comfort zone. 

The idea is that of ⭐️ blog community ⭐️.

The perk is that it is deeply related to a question I popped in one of the course forums and that came back as the wrap-up lesson of the course: what about the future of blogging? This is a vast question and I am not going to pretend I know the answer (and, dear king of Siam, how do we know what we know is true, hun?) or even that there IS an answer... 

What I find engaging and fun is to try and develop a blog community; this can be achieved by writing engaging posts - the classic approach, you might point out - but we can also leverage a few tools and ideas to take one step further, the Internet offers a wealth of solutions to test, don't you think?

This is how the idea of using readers' comments to build an ever developing network of comments  came to me. You may have noticed, among other changes around here, that the comments you now post are managed via Disqus. The tool recognizes a commenter and creates a web of comments posted on the blog and the web at large by that same user. Returning commenters will fuel the community every time they share their thoughts.

In the end, we will hear our virtual echoes around the web...

If I think about it for a minute, I do this all the time: reacting to a post on the web and then thinking further about what I read and moving on to writing a related post. Obviously, using a tool such as Disqus raises questions and has many implications, starting with practical ones: what if they shut down, for example?

I am curious to know: how does commenting work for you? Can you detect a trend in your comments? What do you think of a comment-based blog community?

I'll be thrilled to hear your voice about the topic - and about Disqus. At least, we can try building our very own truth then.

Credits: TheDaydreamerDiary












6 commentaires:

  1. hi donatella! beautiful words! i think having readers commenting is so rewarding for a blogger! i cherish everyone of them! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. TheDaydreamerDiaryJune 25, 2014 at 1:15 PM

    Hello dear Ananda! Couldn't agree with you more - it is lovely to share but if in return you also receive feedback, ideas, suggestions...then a blog definitely takes on a different dimension! Thank you for stopping by :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of a network of comments! Blogs are fed with comments. I love when I receive feedback, opinions, ideas, from readers and other writers. I don't think it has to do simply with briging traffic to your site. I think blogging is communicating and sharing and knowing that what you share gets to somebody else is extremely rewarding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Btw I have just added Disqus to my blog as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. TheDaydreamerDiaryJuly 22, 2014 at 11:39 PM

    Dear Lisa, I could not agree with you more! You know how much I enjoy a good talk around an equally good cappuccino ;-) Listening, sharing, learning and...growing - it is all part of a fascinating process. Thank you for stopping by and sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. TheDaydreamerDiaryJuly 22, 2014 at 11:40 PM

    Ohh, let me know what you think! I am curious about your feedback and experience. Enjoy in the meantime!

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear about your daydreams!

 

What's in the archive?