Second Life


Second Life players, what are they looking for? Sheer entertainment or, more secretly, the chance of another life, an improved version of their reality? Some cuisine ingredients are pretty spectacular in their first life, but as many other things, if you give leftovers a second chance, they simply shine in a heaven of their own.

I am thinking along the lines here of reheated dishes, for example. Baked pasta, reheated stews... This is pretty much the second treatment my lunch sweet potato received; in its first life, it let out its juices and sweet taste in the oven alongside nicely sliced leeks. A tiny bit of olive oil and pepper (no salt, only after the baking part did I add it...) and a few sprigs of thyme helped it find its way to perfection.

What could I possibly do with leftovers though?

A quick glance at the fridge content and the answer came: add soft curls of comté cheese and send it all back into the oven to reach the ultimate melting point. 

Simple and spectacular Fall-colored lunch within minutes to be eaten straight out of the foil wrap.

Credits: TheDaydreamer



2 commentaires:

  1. Ahh leftovers. I had to smile when I read your post Daydreamer, I feel the same way about them! I love the idea of adding cheese (making a gratin?) to leftovers. My husband's family seems to do the same, is that typical in French households? Personally, my favorite leftovers are Filipino soups, as they become even more infused with flavor on the second (and subsequent) days :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Catherine and welcome back here! I am not sure whether this is a French way of treating leftovers, but your comment made me stop and think about it for a moment. It could be. Cheese may be the French trick here ;-)
    I would love to try a Filipino soup, maybe you could share a recipe on your blog?!

    Take care,

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear about your daydreams!

 

What's in the archive?