Summer Diary: #8 Outdoor Movie Theater





Summer is a great season for outdoor festivals of all kinds, and for under-the-stars movie sessions as I was only recently reminded by a billboard by the road in Corsica. Oh yes, outdoor movies sound like the perfect summer fun!

Given the presence of two babies in the family, it is a tad complicated right now for us to attend any if these and the best I can do is read about them in the press - IF (it is a big "if", rightfully so) I ever manage to steal 2 seconds of peace for myself... So before going on vacation, I started downloading movies on the iPad to build our very own movie compilation more suited to our daily (non) routine. Given the backlog of movies, I had no trouble whatsoever finding ideas among the films of the past 5 years (and beyond!).

This is a self-satisfactory post, but I am so thrilled I did this: sitting outside on the porch in the evening, under the moonlit sky and choosing our own movie after a day of beach activities, seems luxurious quality-time! It reminds me of the famous drive-in option, only we do not have to drive anywhere, while still being able to sip away a nice drink and munch on local "canistrelli" (they bear no resemblance whatsoever to the Italian "canestrelli", by the way). Useless to say that this is yet another reason for me to voice my love for the iPad: handy and reliable, it has offered us an unexpected and much appreciated opportunity to relax despite the heavy nursing and caring days.

If it were a person, I would be grateful to it (!).

I will be telling you about each movie in the next few posts, but if you have any suggestions for the post-vacation movie list, bring them on! I feel restful evenings or pauses whenever they present themselves during the day will be much needed in the hectic month of September.

0 commentaires:

Post a Comment

Let me hear about your daydreams!

 

What's in the archive?