The Contest: Capture the Color

This is a first for the Daydreamer: the first contest ever and I need to thank the talented and inspired blogger behind La Mémoire Vive (what a great title for a blog!) for this experience. I am all the more grateful for this that I just came back home from a long vacation focused on plenty of daydreaming sessions and family  life - the contest will keep my mind pleasurably busy before the inevitable reality check ;)

The Travelsupermarket's Capture the Color Contest is all about finding meaningful pictures that illustrate the  following themes:
Yellow
Blue
Green
White
Red

What makes this interesting, aside from the fact that it had me look through our photography archives and leaf through hundreds of pictures with pure pleasure (memories, memories...), is that what I may find meaningful, may not be interpreted as such by another viewer. Anyone can interpret a picture in their own way and see or imagine stories behind it at will. 

Here are my five choices with short texts to give you my interpretation and motivation - I would certainly love to hear about your version of the story!

Yellow - Domaines d'Ott - France


Believe it or not, despite my Mediterranean origins and the positive influence of the country I live in, I am not a wine lover. This being said, I still try to find beauty and interest in things that may not be my cup of tea in the first place; this is how I came to visit and appreciate the fabulous Domaines d’Ott property in the South of France. When visiting the winery, beautifully shaped bottles were on display and the afternoon light was playing happily with their round bellies as it were. White wines delivered then their most fascinating hues of straw-like yellow.

Blue - Santa Cesarea - Italy


This is basically where my heart is and no matter how often we drive along the winding road by the sea,  I cannot get enough of the rugged land, blunt colors and the call of the deep blue sea right beneath – the definition of blue lies right there for me. This where I believe mermaids live and sing day and night, in a land of contrasts blessed by the scorching sun.

Green – Barneville-Carteret – France  



Even though this is a sea landscape, the sea itself is not really there due to the daily low tide that leaves the ships momentarily stranded and askew. The deep green hue of the se is suggested by a token of human activity in the harbor: the abandoned fishnet. Soon the tide will come in again and gently rock the boats and set the entire scenery back to work.

Red – Domaines d’Ott – France  


The warm, fiery colors made the simple setting vibrant with expectation: who sits here normally, will he/she come today to look at the olive trees swaying just outside the window? 

White – Paris – France  


The flea market of Saint-Ouen hosts many wonders: this piece is one of them now residing on our mantelpiece as a marine trophy. The nautilus shell skeleton is almost transparent when hit by the light and reminds me of the repetitive and creative folds in origami creations – only this one was shaped by Mother Nature.

And now I will be pleased to read about Capture de Color ideas from these great bloggers I turn to regularly for a dose of grace and inspiration:

Gabrielle, my favorite mom on the Net! DesignMom
Rossella for great recipes and passionate posts - VanigliaCooking
La Peau d'Ourse for her delicate drawings and posts - La Peau d'Ourse
Federica, joyful blog, pictures and videos - Sweet as a Candy
Ivy, great designer and storyteller - Domestic Stories with Ivy

I hope you will join the contest and share your own ways of capturing colors around the world!

Credits: TheDaydreamerDiary



2 commentaires:

  1. You've got me daydreaming even more with such wonderful photographs, I need to make it to Santa Cesarea - Italy one day for sure. Winding roads by the sea are absolutely the best... love all your choices - but blue's my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, your "Blue" picture is also my favorite :) Blue Connection, that's what we have here!

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear about your daydreams!

 

What's in the archive?