Cha Cha Days



Right before going on holidays, the drama unleashes: no more blush in the beauty case! Argh, how, how, HOW did this happen, I wonder? Then I cast a look at my newborn Mr. Chouin, and I know how. The drama calls for a solution and a quick one too: Internet is up and running, my distant beauty store too and we are away. I also remember that I wanted to try something new after having been loyal for a few years to some shiny little pearls, fun and efficient as they were. 

Summer makes me adventurous, you see. Yes, this is a BIG adventure. You do not get to the point of having to order a new blush, three days before leaving and one cannot enjoy holidays without the blush. It is that urgent a matter.

The name of the little bottle I am going to order is what drew me to it: it's a tough world out there and it seems that the best way to survive nowadays is not to call things by their common name. Mystery is what sells, at least to naive people like me. So I click and order the Cha Cha Tint in a little orange bottle, sure that I am that it will enhance my summer tan. 

Once I receive the blush home and open it, I start panicking and really wonder about my choice: a bright orange, totally garish cream leaks from the little brush and I think "How on earth am I going to use this liquid?" Yes, it is liquid and so fluorescent that I may well have ordered a pot of paint... Unless I want to play the geisha... After all, the word "blush" does not appear anywhere and there are no guidelines either -  whoever thought one day I would need directions to put make-up on, hun?

In the end, I manage to blend droplets of the blush onto my cheeks (smart gall) and guess what? It works and isn't half as bright as the product. Only a few drops are needed to bring the sunshine in, no need to overdo. So, all summer I have been cha-cha-chaing ♬, with no music.

0 commentaires:

Post a Comment

Let me hear about your daydreams!

 

What's in the archive?