Favorite podcasts



This is a fairly new passion of mine: discovering new podcasts, new topics, new questions and enjoying the sheer talent that's out there. Far from the mainstream media.
Over the past year or so, I have had the pleasure of listening to some extremely interesting shows on topics as varied as: 

-feminism
-style
-literature
-writing
-creativity

So what are my latest discoveries? Here we go, grab a coffee and read on!

-La Poudre (in French) by Nouvelles Ecoutes
In this show the interviews go deep into politics, feminism and activism in general. 

What I like about it? The host's acumen: Lauren Bastide is very at easy with pretty much all types of profiles. You can picture her smiling or getting emotional as she speaks and asks her questions, it is a pleasure to listen to her. At the same time, there is no complacency on her part, but rather a sound dose of authenticity that is really refreshing. 

Good to know: some of her episodes are in English. Some of her questions have turned into rituals; it is highly interesting to compare the answers of different guests, they give us a larger perspective and the opportunity to see what we take as our reality from new angles.

-Le Goût de M (from the Le Monde Magazine).
I already quite enjoy reading the lifestyle magazine and the podcast brings a new twist to the picture. This is all about style and having taste or no taste, its meaning and roots. Again, the great variety of guests makes it an enriching experience, spanning every walk of life, generation and social aspect and layer - yes, don't get me started, as much as I regret it, there are layers out there... :-/ Each guest offers an excuse to take a social look onto our current situation and history, going back and forth between the past, the present and... the future.

-Bookmakers by Arte Radio
This podcast is about the making of books. It takes us into the fascinating creative process of the guest writer: how did he/she become a writer? Where does inspiration come from? What is style? How do you fuel it? These are just some of the questions xxxxxx asks his guests who unveil every aspect of their writing ritual. The experience is an enriching insight into a writer's mind and everyday life - I am fascinated by each writer's own rituals and creative process and could listen for hours on end to each of them. One of the latest (great) books I recently bought is by Alice Zeniter who was a guest on the show.

This podcast is not the only one I listen to in English, but the circumstances in which I have come across it make it very special to me. I was coming back home after my father's passing away and our train could not continue its journey. We were transferred to a coach and it took us a whole night to drive back. My mind and heart were shattered and I found solace into the voice and topics discussed by Todd Henry on his show, Accidental Creative. The podcast is like a golden nugget every time, sharing tips, strategies, case studies and examples about creativity and its applications in everyday life and business.

Now tell me, what kind of podcast listener are you? Have you listened to any of the podcasts listed above? Let's share tips and titles!

Source : Her Creative Studio




0 commentaires:

Post a Comment

Let me hear about your daydreams!

 

What's in the archive?