Welcome swallows! {Look around}



When the swallows shoot through the sunlit sky, you know it is time for Spring. There are only a few things that I love more than watching their  pursuits above me and listening to their varied, high-pitched calls - if this isn’t a major expression of happiness, what is?

This evening, I will be waiting for them again. Sitting outside, craning my neck to reach the infinity above. Like dark spots of light, they will come and trace acrobatics in the sky, spreading their magic powder over all of us below.

Welcome Spring!

P.S. I do love their Italian name, "rondini", that comes straight from their family name, Hirundinidae. Their French name - "hirondelles" - is even closer to their original name and is also a beautiful word to pronounce, or so I find…




Credits: BNF Gallica - L'Amitié d'une hirondelle ! Romance, lyrics by Philippe Théolier, music by Alfred d'Hack.

0 commentaires:

Post a Comment

Let me hear about your daydreams!

 

What's in the archive?