Bless Summer Series: 2 Splash! {At the Spa}




The unpretencious green bottle and muslin cloth arrived via regular mail, all the way from the UK. The moment I unzipped the handy bag it came in, the blend of fresh and familiar scents hit me: chamomile, cocoa butter, eucalyptus and rosemary.

That's when I realized the parcel actually contained a message in a bottle; I like to think it is a mermaid dressed with glittering and precious scales who sent it to me: a serene message, one of purifying routine that screamed for splashing fresh water onto my face and feeling truly awake while using gentle ingredients closer to nature. I am not fully ready to prepare my own concoctions, even though I do like to read a post here and there about homemade beauty products and certainly relish the greedy idea to be able, one day, to mix my own creams.

The latest beauty trend calls for leaving water aside to avoid aggressive skin treatment that would in the end damage the derma. I find the workaround interesting as a new spin in beauty, but I cannot imagine washing my face - or my hair, think about "dry shampoo" - without the good old splash of cold or lukewarm water. It is for me the finishing touch that makes me feel truly clean and ready to hit the day.

The message in the bottle I just picked is full of inviting promises for my summer trial while I momentarily stray away from my regular and richer products and textures - tried and tested and unbelievably reliable for me. Summer is a good season to try something new as I feel more adventurous and ready to take on the world with recharged - and refreshed - batteries.

What beauty message did you receive this summer? 

Credits: TheDaydreamer
 




2 commentaires:

  1. This water seems to smell sooo good!!! During summer, I personally use Bi-Oil, a rich oil which helps calming skin after sun exposure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does smell heavenly good and is working wonders for me this summer. The only reproach I have is that it does not remove eye make-up (think mascara) easily...

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear about your daydreams!

 

What's in the archive?