Barbados Bling Bling


When leading the sunny beach life - ah, how much I love that kind of life - I find that there is simply no room for bling bling items, jewels and the like. For one thing, salty air and water can cause significant damage, not to mention that it is really easy for a ring to slip off my finger and disappear in the water. 

What I do enjoy, is going to the beach wearing nothing but a bikini and sun block. Easy peasy. I do admire women and men who carry all their jewelry around, starting with their watches. I just cannot do it - I would feel uncomfortable in an environment that I cherish like no other.

When the evening comes though, this is entirely a different story! This is when I love to take my sea baubles out for a twirl under the stars. My summer favorites are listed here, but the one I took on a trip across the Atlantic and all the way to Barbardos was the pendant above. The two droplets of crystal enlighten the cleavage. This lovely piece of fantasy jewelry has the advantage of needing no added frills. I can stand its ground on its own for a great effect either on a night dress or on a simple white t-shirt.

Credits: TheDaydreamerDiary

2 commentaires:

  1. I can completely relate to not wearing jewelry on the beach,... it actually makes me feel encumbered! That said, I just love your beautiful understated pendant for afterwards, its iridescent blue mimicking the sky and sea. So lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Catherine, glad you like it. It is quite small and I do like to way it hangs low... It is lovely to wear when you are a bit tanned.

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear about your daydreams!

 

What's in the archive?